Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review Aggregator

Review Score: 86%

Review consensus: The Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 is an impressive high-zoom bridge camera, offering excellent 4k video, strong photography performance, and a great zoom range. If you’re looking for a camera that can, at the same time, cover your video needs, this might be the right one for you.

List of Top Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Reviews

Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #1DP Review82%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #2TechRadar90%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #3ePHOTOzine90%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #4PC Mag60%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #5Photography Blog100%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #6Imaging Resource90%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #7Trusted Reviews86%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #8Digital Trends80%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Review #9Pocket-lint90%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 Amazon RatingAmazon86%
Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 B&H Photo Video RatingB&H Photo Video90%
Total Review Score:86%

Buy the Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 14% chance that you’ll regret buying the Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 and an 86% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Panasonic Lumix FZ2500/FZ2000, released in December 2016, is a superzoom DSLR-shape bridge camera with a hybrid photo and video lens, targeting both videographers and photographers. It mounts a LEICA VARIO-ELMARIT F2.8-4.5 lens with 20x optical zoom and shoots with a 1-inch 20.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor. It has ultra high-speed DFD focusing, OLED 2,360k live viewfinder, and a 3-inch 1,040k dots screen. It has ISO sensitivity ranging from 80 to 25600 and can record 4K Ultra HD video. It features the Venus Engine processor, Lumix 4k Photo and 4k Post Focus, lens barrel control. It is powered by a 1200 mAh Li-ion Battery Pack that can capture up to 350 images for rear monitor and 270 for live viewfinder. Panasonic offers a 3-year extended warranty for Lumix FZ2500/FZ2000. Prices start at $1,199.99.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500:

Review #1: “The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2500/FZ2000 is a well-designed enthusiast bridge camera focused on video, and it offers capture tools that you won’t find on any other camera in its class. 4K video quality is excellent, though there’s a substantial crop factor, essentially knocking out the wide end of the lens. Still image quality is decent, though it’s hampered by a so-so lens and JPEG engine that could use a tune-up.” – DP Review

Review #2: “The Panasonic FZ2500 / FZ2000 is an impressive camera, with lofty ambitions that are thankfully matched by strong performance. If you’re using it for video recording, in particular, it’s likely that you’ll be pleased with the results, if somewhat overwhelmed by the level of control on offer. Even so, with 4K video recording cropping up on many cheaper interchangeable lens cameras, the FZ2500 / FZ2000 does appear to be targeted towards a particular niche of photographers, those who need a broad level of video control together with an expansive optic.” – TechRadar

Review #3: “The Panasonic Lumix FZ2000 delivers excellent 4K video with no limitations and a great zoom range.” – ePHOTOzine

Review #4: “The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2500 camera has true pro-grade video features, but its 20x lens doesn’t perform consistently across its coverage range.” – PC Mag

Review #5: “The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2000 builds on the previous FZ1000 model and turns it into a mini-GH4, offering almost all of that camera’s video capabilities in a convenient super-zoom format. If you want a non-interchangeable lens camera that will cover all your still and video requirements, the new Panasonic FZ2000 is the one to buy.” – Photography Blog

Review #6: “The Panasonic FZ2500 is an excellent enthusiast long-zoom camera that offers great performance across the board and a good, versatile zoom lens. Image quality from the 20-megapixel sensor is impressive, and the camera offers very good 4K video plus a number of advanced video recording features. This all-in-one camera is a powerful multimedia camera for users seeking out a high-zoom camera.” – Imaging Resource

Review #7: “The FZ2000 is a fantastic camera – and everything I’d hoped it would be from the already excellent FZ1000.” – Trusted Reviews

Review #8: “The FZ2500 offers versatility and portability while giving you image quality, performance, and unique features, without having to swap lenses. For many users, whether it’s the traveler or YouTuber, the FZ2500 is a nice one-size-fits-all approach.” – Digital Trends

Review #9: “The FZ2000 is certainly a big and pricey superzoom, but its premium position is justified for the right kind of user. And with its significant push towards video features, that will be for both photographers and videographers alike.” – Pocket-lint

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 4.3 stars out of 23 reviews. It has currently no 1-star rating. Most of the people who gave this camera a 2-star rating had issues with its focus.

B&H Photo Video’s Customer Review Score: B&H Photo Video customers give the Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 4.5 stars out of 13 reviews. It has currently no 1-star and 2-star ratings. Most of the people who gave this camera a 3-star rating had issues with its focus.


About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Panasonic Lumix FZ2000/FZ2500 review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best camera quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and B&H Photo Video. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *