Netgear Orbi Review Aggregator

Review Score: 85%

Review consensus: The Netgear Orbi delivers outstanding wireless networking experience with quick installation, fast wireless connection, and wide area coverage. However, its exceptional performance comes with a steep price tag.

List of Top Netgear Orbi Reviews

Netgear Orbi Review #1Tom's Guide80%
Netgear Orbi Review #2PC Mag80%
Netgear Orbi Review #3Mac World80%
Netgear Orbi Review #4TechRadar90%
Netgear Orbi Review #5PC & Tech Authority100%
Netgear Orbi Review #6Trusted Reviews90%
Netgear Orbi Review #7Tweaktown88%
Netgear Orbi Review #8Mobile Tech Talk78%
Netgear Orbi Review #9Digital Trends60%
Netgear Orbi Review #10Cnet83%
Netgear Orbi Amazon RatingAmazon90%
Netgear Orbi Best Buy RatingBest Buy94%
Netgear Orbi B&H Photo Video RatingB&H Photo Video90%
Total Review Score:85%

Buy the Netgear Orbi now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Netgear Orbi direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 15% chance that you’ll regret buying the Netgear Orbi and an 85% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Netgear Orbi, launched in August 2016, is a WiFi system offering from NETGEAR, Inc., a tech company that provides WiFi networking solutions to homes and businesses. The Orbi WiFi system combines an Orbi AC3000 router and an Orbi satellite and features proprietary Tri-Band technology that makes the most out of the available internet speed and MU-MIMO capability that allows simultaneous streaming of data. It comes with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of flash storage and has 4-gigabit Ethernet ports. The installation of Netgear Orbi is done using the either the browser or the Netgear Orbi app. In March 2017, two smaller versions of the RBK50 Orbi AC3000 Wifi system were announced, namely RBK30 Orbi Wifi System and RBK40 Orbi Wifi System, both of which have an AC2200 router. The RBK50 Orbi can cover up to 5,000 square feet, while the RBK30 and the RBK40 can blanket up to 3,500 square feet and 4,000 square feet, respectively. Prices start at $299.99 for RBK30, $349.99 for RBK40, and $399.99 for RBK50.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Netgear Orbi:

Review #1: “While pricey, the Netgear Orbi is one of the fastest, most powerful routers we’ve tested, even without its mesh extension.” – Tom’s Guide

Review #2: “Meant for larger spaces, the Netgear Orbi RBK50 is a capable Wi-Fi system that delivers speedy wireless networking to all areas of your home. It’s a snap to install, offers plenty of wired LAN ports, and is MU-MIMO ready.” – PC Mag

Review #3: “Whether deployed solo or with a satellite, the Netgear Orbi delivers exceptional home-networking performance.” – Mac World

Review #4: “Unimpeded, seamless Wi-Fi coverage throughout your house isn’t just possible with Netgear Orbi, it’s easy as pie, but that convenience will cost you dearly.” – TechRadar

Review #5: “The Orbi might look simple on the outside, and might not have the most flexible configuration options. But it does have powerful amplified antennas and considerable under-the-hood smarts.” – PC & Tech Authority

Review #6: “The Netgear Orbi is the future of Wi-Fi for large homes. It’s expensive but it delivers where it counts.” – Trusted Reviews

Review #7: “NETGEAR’s Orbi kit is one of the strongest wireless systems on the market thanks to its engineering, but with that comes a hefty price tag that will scare some away.” – Tweaktown

Review #8: “There is definitely value to be had here and those that do stump up the cash won’t be disappointed by its performance and cool aesthetic.” – Mobile Tech Talk

Review #9: “Customers wanting to blanket their house or office with Wireless AC coverage should take a close look at Netgear’s Orbi system. Not only does it provide speeds of up to 866Mbps, but it provides plenty of customization so that users can tweak the wireless network for their needs. However, that means the Orbi system isn’t ideal for the mainstream consumer who wants to connect the system and go. It’s also rather expensive up front at $400, and costs and extra $250 per added satellite unit.” – Digital Trends

Review #10: “The high cost aside, the Orbi System is a sure and easy way to cover a relatively large home with high-speed Wi-Fi coverage.” – Cnet

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Netgear Orbi 4.5 stars out of 1,860 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with the reliability of the connection.

Best Buy’s Customer Review Score: Best Buy customers give the Netgear Orbi 4.7 stars out of 1,207 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with firmware bugs.

B&H Photo Video’s Customer Review Score: B&H Photo Video customers give the Netgear Orbi 4.5 stars out of 36 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with lost connections.

About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Netgear Orbi review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best wireless router quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H Photo Video. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *