Synology RT2600ac Review Aggregator

Review Score: 85%

Review consensus: The Synology RT2600ac is the representation of Synology’s tremendous potential in the wireless router market. Despite being just the second entry, the RT2600ac showed massive improvements from the RT1900ac, offering wide array of features, solid WiFi range and speed, excellent SRM platform, and competitive pricing.

List of Top Synology RT2600ac Reviews

Synology RT2600ac Review #1TweakTown96%
Synology RT2600ac Review #2TechRadar80%
Synology RT2600ac Review #3PC Mag80%
Synology RT2600ac Review #4Cnet89%
Synology RT2600ac Review #5Digital Trends70%
Synology RT2600ac Review #6Slash Gear80%
Synology RT2600ac Review #7PC & Tech Authority100%
Synology RT2600ac Review #8The Streaming Blog88%
Synology RT2600ac Review #9Tech Advisor80%
Synology RT2600ac Review #10POC Network85%
Synology RT2600ac Amazon RatingAmazon86%
Synology RT2600ac B&H Photo Video RatingB&H Photo Video90%
Total Review Score:85%

Buy the Synology RT2600ac now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Synology RT2600ac direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 15% chance that you’ll regret buying the Synology RT2600ac and an 85% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Synology RT2600ac, launched in December 2016, is a wireless router offering from Synology Inc., a Taiwanese corporation known for its Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. The RT2600ac is the second listing of Synology in the router market. It features 802.11ac Wave 2 Wifi and flaunts four detachable Wifi antennas, enabling MU-MIMO capability. It also features Smart Connect that allows automatic connection to the appropriate 2.4Ghz or 5GHz bands. It comes with 512 MB of RAM and a 1.7GHz dual-core processor. The RT2600ac operates with proprietary Synology Routed Manager (SRM) system and has 2 years warranty. Prices start at $239.99.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Synology RT2600ac:

Review #1: “It’s hard to believe that up to this point, in one short year, Synology has gone from entering a market full of big named vendors to producing the best AC2600 wireless router we’ve tested.” – TweakTown

Review #2: “A compelling mix of NAS and router, though you do pay more for those advanced features, and needs more third-party apps.” – TechRadar

Review #3: “The company’s follow-up router, the RT2600ac ($229.99), delivers solid 2.4GHz and 5GHz throughput and adds some new features, including support for MU-MIMO data streaming and dual-WAN connectivity. It also offers comprehensive parental controls, traffic monitoring, and intrusion protection.” – PC Mag

Review #4: “If you’re looking to create a fast and highly customizable home network with advanced features, look no further than the RT2600AC.” – Cnet

Review #5: “The Synology RT2600ac is a versatile, feature-packed router that networking nerds will love.” – Digital Trends

Review #6: “The Synology RT2600ac still offers a great balance of performance and features, both basic and add-on. A “router plus” if you may, for the price of a router under $300.” – Slash Gear

Review #7: “This is a router that does everything you could ever ask for, whether you’re a network noobie who just wants to run the setup wizard and have everything running in seconds, or you’re an advanced user who wants to fiddle with the deepest of settings. Not only that, but it’s wickedly fast, has a very attractive price and one of the best user interfaces we’ve ever seen on a router. ” – PC & Tech Authority

Review #8: “All in all, the Synology RT2600AC Router is a high-quality product that does what it says on the tin. While it may not possess next generation specs seen in other models, it’s a robust item that can please both home and business users for the long term. Its software package has so many features to easily blow competitors out of the water.” – The Streaming Blog

Review #9: “Synology has approached the router with the same design ethic as their excellent NAS range, and the RT2600ac is the stunning result. Where other router makers talk-the-talk of security, flexibility, and performance, the RT2600ac unequivocally delivers on those words.” – Tech Advisor

Review #10: “An excellent firmware filled with options that will satisfy both the beginner and the advanced-level user. If you depend on a reliable connection, maximizing your speeds across your network and being able to track everything to the tiniest of detail; this is a good option for you. Now how about an applause for the security features and other additional add-on packages!” – POC Network

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Synology RT2600ac 4.3 stars out of 67 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with its fluctuating performance and network connectivity.

B&H Photo Video’s Customer Review Score: B&H Photo Video customers give the Synology RT2600ac 4.5 stars out of 46 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router 2 stars, currently its lowest rating, had issues with Synology’s customer support.

About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Synology RT2600ac review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best wireless router quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and B&H Photo Video. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *