Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review Aggregator

Review Score: 83%

Review consensus: The Netgear Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Gaming Router R7800 is undeniably a phenomenal wireless router combining next generation features to deliver outstanding performance and high-speed Wifi. It has even received a recognition for its advanced features. That said, Nighthawk X4S may not be the best option for many, especially for those who are looking for a quick set up and an inexpensive router.

List of Top Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Reviews

Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #1Trusted Reviews70%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #2Cnet76%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #3PC Mag80%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #4Absolute Gadget94%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #5IGN93%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #6Digital Trends70%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #7MB Reviews87%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #8TweakTown89%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Review #9The Tech Reviewer80%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Amazon RatingAmazon84%
Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) Best Buy RatingBest Buy92%
Total Review Score:83%

Buy the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 17% chance that you’ll regret buying the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) and an 83% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800), released on January 4, 2016, is a dual band wireless router offering from NETGEAR, Inc. that targets gaming enthusiasts and hobbyists. The Nighthawk X4S flaunts Wave 2 Wi-Fi features with its MU-MIMO capability, quad-stream technology, and 160MHz bandwidth. It operates with 1.7GHz dual-core processor that can deliver up to 2.53 Gbps and with 4 external antennas for maximum coverage. It also features Dynamic QoS and Beamforming+ technologies for a more reliable wireless connection. It has 512 MB of RAM, 128 MB of flash storage, 5 Ethernet ports, and 2 USB 3.0 ports. The Nighthawk X4S is a CES Innovation Award honoree in the 2016 International Consumer Electronics Show. Prices start $269.99.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800):

Review #1: “Although the Netgear Nighthawk X4S is a superb router, it’s expensive – and since few devices out there are capable of making use of the speeds its offers, it won’t be an option for many.” – Trusted Reviews

Review #2: “If you need a powerful Wi-Fi solution for a large home, the X4S is a great choice.” – Cnet

Review #3: “The Netgear Nighthawk X4S Smart Wi-Fi Router (R7800) delivers strong 5GHz and MU-MIMO throughput, and offers lots of management options in a user-friendly Web console.” – PC Mag

Review #4: “Powerful performer but costs a packet too!” – Absolute Gadget

Review #5: “The Netgear Nighthawk X4S is a blazing fast AC router with next-gen features and class-leading performance.” – IGN

Review #6: “If you’re going to spend a lot on a router, make sure you do your homework first, and select one with the features and ease-of-use your desire. A router like the X4S can prove exceedingly capable, but it’ll be too much for users who want a set-it-and-forget-it router.” – Digital Trends

Review #7: “Since the first and second version of the Nighthawk X4, the new X4S feels miles ahead of its predecessors, having a stellar wireless performance, one of the best storage performances, the MU-MIMO technology, support for the 160 MHz bandwidth mode and even though, the interface can be considered a weakness, there is support for custom firmwares to make up for it.” – MB Reviews

Review #8: “Netgear’s X4S is as far ahead of the curve as a router can get at this point. With 160MHz technology being the next full step ahead for large performance increases, this router is ready to handle whatever you throw at it.” – TweakTown

Review #9: “Netgear’s Nighthawk X4S is a high-end router that takes the design and functionality of the previous Nighthawk models and improves upon it with an updated feature set and internal hardware. A router of this caliber is overkill for some consumers, particularly those on a budget. However, the X4S delivers consistent performance for its target market, power users that want to take advantage of the newest 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology and experience optimal network performance.” – The Tech Reviewer

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) 4.2 stars out of 14,942 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with its quality and reliability.

Best Buy’s Customer Review Score: Best Buy customers give the Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) 4.6 stars out of 1,045 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with its complicated installation.

About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Netgear Nighthawk X4S (R7800) review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best wireless router quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and Best Buy. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *