Linksys Velop Review Aggregator

Review Score: 81%

Review consensus: The Linksys Velop is a simple yet powerful mesh Wifi system that combines fast wireless speed and vast Wifi coverage. However, limited Ethernet ports, the absence of USB port, fluctuating performance, and exorbitant pricing drag this router down.

List of Top Linksys Velop Reviews

Linksys Velop Review #1Tom's Guide70%
Linksys Velop Review #2Cnet67%
Linksys Velop Review #3Hardware Zone80%
Linksys Velop Review #4TechRadar80%
Linksys Velop Review #5PC Mag90%
Linksys Velop Review #6Trusted Reviews70%
Linksys Velop Review #7Tech Advisor80%
Linksys Velop Review #8TweakTown95%
Linksys Velop Review #9Mac World80%
Linksys Velop Review #10IT Pro80%
Linksys Velop Amazon RatingAmazon90%
Linksys Velop Best Buy RatingBest Buy92%
Total Review Score:81%

Buy the Linksys Velop now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Linksys Velop direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 19% chance that you’ll regret buying the Linksys Velop and an 81% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Linksys Velop, launched in January 2017, is a mesh Wifi system offering from Linksys. This home Wifi system features a tri-band AC2200 technology, which optimizes Wifi radios to deliver fast wireless performance. It comes with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of flash storage and operates with 716 MHz quad-core processor. It also equipped with MU-MIMO technology and has two-gigabit Ethernet ports and six internal antennas. Each Velop node can cover up to 2,000 square feet and can be set up using the Linksys mobile app. Linksys offers a 3-year limited warranty for this router. From the initial pricing of $529.99, the Linksys Velop is now priced at $449.99 for a pack of three Velop nodes.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Linksys Velop:

Review #1: “The Linksys Velop is pretty powerful, but it’s also pricey and delivered inconsistent test results.” – Tom’s Guide

Review #2: “The Velop is an effective mesh Wi-Fi router, but it doesn’t have a competitive edge due to its high cost and limited feature set.” – Cnet

Review #3: “Linksys has delivered on its promise of “whole home Wi-Fi” with its Velop mesh networking system. But whether you should buy it for your home really depends on your needs, usage scenarios, and requirements.” – Hardware Zone

Review #4: “When positioned correctly, Velop delivers great wireless speeds over a wide area, ensuring all your devices stay connected, and it’s a doddle to configure. But this simplicity carries a high cost.” – TechRadar

Review #5: “The Linksys Velop provides Wi-Fi coverage for your entire home and seamless roaming over a single network. It’s stylish, easy to install, and delivers fast single-user and MU-MIMO throughput speeds, making it our top pick for Wi-Fi systems.” – PC Mag

Review #6: “The Linksys Velop is an easy way to get reliable, high-speed Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home. However, its high price means competing systems offer better value.” – Trusted Reviews

Review #7: “If your home is on more than one floor, or has a tricky dead-spot, then the simple set-up process and solid performance of the Velop could be the ideal solution for improving Wi-Fi reception throughout your home. The problem is the price: it’s more expensive than BT Whole Home Wi-Fi and Google’s Wifi. And, since the speed that it offers will be way beyond the speed of most current home broadband services, the Velop might be a case of overkill unless you have a large home that needs really extensive Wi-Fi coverage.” – Tech Advisor

Review #8: “With its overall quality, flexibility, and solid performance, it’s rather hard to look past the value in the Velop Mesh system from Linksys.” – TweakTown

Review #9: “The Linksys Velop is one of the best true mesh-network routers we’ve tested, but many Wi-Fi enthusiasts will still prefer a more conventional model.” – Mac World

Review #10: “The Linksys Velop does a great job of making wireless networking easy and hassle-free but it’s rather pricey, and a lack of ethernet ports and slightly lackluster speeds may put off businesses with more advanced needs.” – IT Pro

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Linksys Velop 4.5 stars out of 1,573 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with the installation of the router due to lagging mobile app and nodes that can’t connect.

Best Buy’s Customer Review Score: Best Buy customers give the Linksys Velop 4.6 stars out of 1,220 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with its lack of configuration and access to shared networks, buggy android app, and expensive price.

About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Linksys Velop review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best wireless router quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and Best Buy. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *