Google Wifi Review Aggregator

Review Score: 90%

Review consensus: The Google Wifi rocks the wireless router market, offering simple design and setup while delivering solid wireless networking performance. Arguably one of the best wifi systems, the Google Wifi kills the competition not with flexible controls or powerful wireless connectivity but with competitive pricing, ease of use and installation, and convenience.

List of Top Google Wifi Reviews

Google Wifi Review #1TechRadar100%
Google Wifi Review #2Cnet84%
Google Wifi Review #3Tom's Guide80%
Google Wifi Review #4Stuff100%
Google Wifi Review #5Pocket-lint90%
Google Wifi Review #6Expert Reviews100%
Google Wifi Review #7Alphr100%
Google Wifi Review #8Engadget83%
Google Wifi Review #9PC Mag80%
Google Wifi Review #10TechAdvisor80%
Google Wifi Amazon RatingAmazon88%
Google Wifi Best Buy RatingBest Buy94%
Google Wifi B&H Photo Video RatingB&H Photo Video90%
Total Review Score:90%

Buy the Google Wifi now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Google Wifi direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 10% chance that you’ll regret buying the Google Wifi and a 90% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Google Wifi, released on December 5, 2016, is a wireless router from the tech giant, Google. The 2.7-inch router comes with a 512 MB of RAM and a 4 GB eMMC flash storage. It has an AC1200 2×2 Wi-Fi connectivity with an expandable mesh capability and has 2-gigabit Ethernet ports. It operates with a quad-core ARM CPU and is powered by a 15-watt adapter. The Google Wifi has a diameter of 4.1 inches and a single router can cover up to 1,500 square feet. It is operated with a companion app that allows the user to set-up the wireless system. It can be purchased in one-pack and three-pack routers, expanding the coverage to 4,500 square feet of area. The Google Wifi comes in a white and plastic finish with prices starting at $129 and $299 for the one-pack and three-pack routers, respectively.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Google Wifi:

Review #1: “Google Wifi is the easiest and most manageable router that we’ve ever set up, period. It might not be the most powerful or offer precise controls, but it more than makes up for any lack of depth in unmatched simplicity.” – TechRadar

Review #2: “Google Wifi is the best Wi-Fi system on the market.” – Cnet

Review #3: “Google Wifi is easy to use, more affordable than competing mesh routers and delivers solid performance (if you get the three-pack).” – Tom’s Guide

Review #4: “A Wi-Fi wonder that’ll make your old router look like a tech dinosaur.” – Stuff

Review #5: “Although it’s not cheap, we think it’s worth it as the convenience and benefits are worth the outlay. You might cringe at initially handing over the money, but once it’s Google Wifi is up and running, and you have a solid Wi-Fi network throughout the home, you’ll forget that rather quickly.” – Pocket-lint

Review #6: “A clever system at a reasonable price – this is mesh Wi-Fi done right.” – Expert Reviews

Review #7: “Google Wifi is an impressive achievement for a company not necessarily known for its wireless networking prowess. Not only is it competitively priced within its sector, it’s also a decent performer and is stacked with clever technology to make your life easier, although it isn’t the fastest around.” – Alphr

Review #8: “If you’re looking for a router that mixes smart design with simple features and solid performance, Google WiFi is a solid choice. However, users who like to get their hands dirty may prefer the control and flexibility of more conventional products. For the rest of us, Google WiFi will likely eliminate some key pain points and provide an easy transition to the connected home.” – Engadget

Review #9: “If you’re looking for a super-simple way to get Wi-Fi to every corner of your home, Google Wifi could be the answer. Delivering seamless wireless connectivity on a single network, the system is easy to install and configure, looks great, and delivers solid throughput.” – PC Mag

Review #10: “Its price is quite affordable, and it provides a good all-around combination of performance, reliability, and ease of use that makes the Google Wifi a good option if you need to improve the coverage of your Wi-Fi network at home or in your office.” – Tech Advisor

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Google Wifi 4.4 stars out of 1,396 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with its reliability.

Best Buy’s Customer Review Score: Best Buy customers give the Google Wifi 4.7 stars out of 563 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues had issues with its reliability and its automatic update process.

B&H Photo Video’s Customer Review Score: B&H Photo Video customers give the Google Wifi 4.5 stars out of 72 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues had issues with its access points.

About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Google Wifi review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best wireless router quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H Photo Video. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *