Asus RT-AC88U Review Aggregator

Review Score: 90%

Review consensus: The Asus RT-AC88U combines best-in-class performance, easy-to-use interface, advanced features, and other handy functionalities, making it one of the best, if not the best, wireless routers in the market. While its offerings come with an expensive price tag, the RT-AC88U is definitely worth considering.

List of Top Asus RT-AC88U Reviews

Asus RT-AC88U Review #1Cnet86%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #2PC Mag90%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #3IGN90%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #4HotHardware90%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #5TweakTown89%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #6Gizmo Freakz86%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #7Digital Citizen100%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #8MB Reviews92%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #9Tech Advisor90%
Asus RT-AC88U Review #10PC & Tech Authority100%
Asus RT-AC88U Amazon RatingAmazon76%
Total Review Score:90%

Buy the Asus RT-AC88U now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy an Asus RT-AC88U direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 10% chance that you’ll regret buying the Asus RT-AC88U and a 90% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Asus RT-AC88U, launched in November 2015, is a wireless dual-band router, manufactured and distributed by Asus, a computer tech giant. The RT-AC88U is equipped with NitroQAM Technology, which offers a combined Wi-Fi speed of 3,167 Mbps, and MU-MIMO technology. It also houses a free game accelerator from WTFast that optimizes routes to keep ping lower and packet loss minimal. It has 512 MB of RAM and 128 MB of flash storage. It also comes with four detachable dual-band antennas and 8-gigabit LAN ports. The RT-AC88U operates with 1.4GHz dual-core processor and can be managed using its companion ASUS Router App. It also features AiProtection for better network security and privacy protection. Prices start at $299.99.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Asus RT-AC88U

Review #1: “The RT-AC88U is easily the best router from Asus to date and one of the best dual-band routers on the market. With excellent performance and a ton of features, it’s a great buy for anyone who wants to get the most out of their home network.” – Cnet

Review #2: “The Asus RT-AC88U is a pricey dual-band router that is packed with features. It supports MU-MIMO technology and delivered solid 5GHz throughput in our tests.” – PC Mag

Review #3: “The RT-AC88U is an impressive router, but it is a bit expensive for what is essentially a dual-band AC1900 router…If you pick one up won’t be disappointed, but there are less expensive options with similar performance and features.” – IGN

Review #4: “Overall, the Asus RT-AC88U is the new benchmark for 4×4 MU-MIMO routers. Its package of chart-topping performance, next-gen features, eight LAN ports, and a full-featured software package for both the desktop and mobile is going to be tough to beat. It’s certainly a bit pricey, but the price is just a reflection of its flagship features and performance.” – HotHardware

Review #5: “The ASUS RT-AC88U is a unique and great looking solution that fits between the AC2600 and AC5300 markets. While this router may be a bit early in terms of client support, it does offer eight Gbe ports along with future-proof wireless technology.” – TweakTown

Review #6: “Asus RT-AC88U dual band router has everything you would look out in any wireless router. It is packed with many useful features, provides speedy throughout performance and supports multi-client MU-MIMO data transfer simultaneously. Overall, it’s a great router for any home network, streams 4k UHD video smoothly at low latency internet connection along with file-sharing” – Gizmo Freakz

Review #7: “ASUS RT-AC88U AC3100 dual-band is a premium WiFi router with a powerful hardware configuration and lots of useful features. Some of them are targeted at gamers while many of them are useful to all kinds of users, including small businesses…If you can afford it and you want one of the most advanced routers in the world, that’s capable of managing many simultaneous network connections while offering very good performance, ASUS RT-AC88U is a great purchase that you won’t regret.” – Digital Citizen

Review #8: “Overall, the ASUS RT-AC88U is one of the most exquisite routers from ASUS, it has a premium, aggressive design, the performance is one of the best on the market right now, and the interface is well made and very user-friendly, packed with lots of features (like Dual WAN and Game Boost), but it does come at a rather steep price.” – MB Reviews

Review #9: “While not cheap, the Asus DSL-AC88U manages to deliver the key wireless, LAN and broadband connectivity in a highly effective one-size-fits-all package. It’s far superior to the typical router that Broadband suppliers provide and ideal for any household that uses Wi-Fi extensively.” – Tech Advisor

Review #10: “There’s no denying this is a powerful router, and at only $70 more than the Asus RT-AC88U it offers double the amount of 5GHz bandwidth” – PC & Tech Authority

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Asus RT-AC88U 3.8 stars out of 3,057 reviews. Most of the people who gave this router a 1-star rating had issues with its dropping 5GHz and the overall reliability of the router.

About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Asus RT-AC88U review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best wireless router quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *