Sony A7R II Review Aggregator

Review Score: 91%

Review Consensus: The Sony A7R II is a remarkable digital camera and arguably one of the best mirrorless digital cameras available in the market, thanks to its increased resolution, enhanced ISO performance, 5-axis in-body image stabilization, and excellent AF system that work hand-in-hand to deliver superb image quality. However, Sony needs a lot of work to do with A7R II’s limited range of lenses, subpar battery life, and poorly-located movie button.

List of Top Sony A7R II Reviews

Sony A7R II Review #1Trusted Reviews85%
Sony A7R II Review #2Imaging Resource90%
Sony A7R II Review #3Cnet84%
Sony A7R II Review #4Digital Trends90%
Sony A7R II Review #5Photography Blog100%
Sony A7R II Review #6Camera Labs90%
Sony A7R II Review #7ePhotozine100%
Sony A7R II Review #8TechRadar100%
Sony A7R II Review #9PC Mag80%
Sony A7R II Review #10Expert Review80%
Sony A7R II Amazon RatingAmazon92%
Sony A7R II Best Buy RatingBest Buy96%
Total Review Score:91%

Buy the Sony A7R II now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Sony A7R II direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 9% chance that you’ll regret buying the Sony A7R II and a 91% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Sony A7R II, released on August 5, 2015, is manufactured and distributed by Sony Corporation, a Japanese multinational company. The A7R II is the company’s latest offering from its full-frame A7-series digital cameras and is the successor to Sony A7II. This mirrorless camera boasts a 35 mm back-illuminated full-frame CMOS sensor with a 42.4 MP resolution. It houses FAST Hybrid AF system and an image processing engine called BIONZ X. It also features a 5-axis image stabilization and an ISO sensitivity up to 102,400. It can shoot continuously at 5 frames per second and can record 4k videos. The A7R II is powered by rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 that can capture 290-340 shots, according to CIPA standard. It has Wifi and NFC connectivities. Prices start at $2,699.99.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Sony A7R II:

Review #1: “Better ergonomics and control layout, 4K video, great in-body image stabilization, a silent shutter mode and significantly increased resolution paired with improved high-ISO performance: it’s a remarkable achievement. It’s worth considering over a high-end DLSR if you haven’t already invested in lenses for, most likely, the Nikon or Canon systems.” – Trusted Reviews

Review #2: “Sony’s full-frame A7-series cameras have been a smash hit. Now, the Sony A7R II takes it to the next level with a more comfortable body, an impressive on-chip phase detection autofocus system, five-axis in-body image stabilization, better third-party lens support and in-camera 4K video capture.” – Imaging Resource

Review #3: “It needs a little more refinement, but overall the Sony A7R II is a great camera for folks who need a high-resolution full-frame model in a more compact design than a dSLR.” – Cnet

Review #4: “With the A7R II, you get superb photos, 4K videos, built-in five-axis stabilization, a great AF system, and the ability to use some Canon lenses, just to name a few.” – Digital Trends

Review #5: “The Sony A7R II is a remarkable camera, both on paper and in practice. Offering a mouth-watering list of desirable features, the A7R II delivers on almost all of its promises, and in many ways outperforms the two cameras that it’s most commonly compared to, the Canon EOS 5DS/R and the Nikon D810.” – Photography Blog

Review #6: “The Sony Alpha A7r Mark II is without a doubt one of the most impressive digital cameras to date: packed to the brim with features and capable of delivering higher quality images and video than anything at its price. At a time when many new cameras represent minor updates over their predecessors, the A7r Mark II goes all-out to tick almost every box.” – Camera Labs

Review #7: “As an upgrade from an earlier Sony Alpha 7 series camera, the A7R-II is a culmination of all of the best features rolled into one fantastic camera.” – ePhotozine

Review #8: “While its huge pixel count makes the A7R II a serious DSLR alternative for landscape and portrait pros, the impressive AF performance and video features give it much wider appeal. However, lens options are still rather limited.” – TechRadar

Review #9: “The Sony Alpha 7R II is a full-frame mirrorless camera that delivers absolutely incredible image and video quality, but it will cost you.” – PC Mag

Review #10: “With a full-frame sensor and 4K video, the Sony a7R II delivers in spades for both photo and video.” – Expert Reviews

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Sony A7R II 4.6 stars out of 155 reviews. Most of the people who gave this camera a 1-star rating had issues with its quality and battery life.

Best Buy’s Customer Review Score: Best Buy customers give the Sony A7R II 4.8 stars out of 160 reviews. Most of the people who gave this camera a 1-star rating had issues with manufacturing defects.


About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Sony A7R II review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best smartphone quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and Best Buy. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *