Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review Aggregator

Review Score: 84%

Review Consensus: Panasonic has definitely scaled up the compact camera competition with its Lumix ZS100/TZ100, which packs revolutionary 1-inch sensor, 10x optical zoom lens, and 4K Ultra HD video into a solid body that fits right into your pocket. While some experts claim that this is the perfect compact camera for traveling photographers, the Lumix ZS100 is not without a flaw. Lower lens quality, unimpressive autofocus, no tilting display, and a relatively small EVF prove to be a drag for Lumix ZS100.

List of Top Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Reviews

Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #1TechRadar90%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #2Cnet82%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #3Pocket-lint80%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #4Imaging Resource80%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #5Trusted Reviews82%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #6Photography Blog86%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #7Reviewed.com79%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #8Cameralabs90%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #9ePHOTOzine90%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Review #10Expert Reviews80%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Amazon RatingAmazon82%
Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 Best Buy RatingBest Buy92%
Total Review Score:84%

Buy the Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 16% chance that you’ll regret buying the Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 and an 84% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

The Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100, released in March 2016, is a compact point-and-shoot digital camera manufactured by Panasonic, a Japanese multinational electronics company. The Lumix ZS100, known outside the U.S. as TZ100, mounts a 25mm-250mm F/2.8-5.9 LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT Lens with 10x optical zoom and shoots with a 20.1-megapixel 1-inch High Sensitivity MOS sensor. It operates with a Venus Engine image processor, which can also be seen in LUMIX high-end system cameras. It features LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus photo capture capabilities and autofocus systems that shoot at high speed (Depth From Defocus AF) and in low light (Starlight AF). The Lumix ZS100 has a 3-inch touch-enabled 1,040k-dot LCD display, eye-level electronic viewfinder, and 0.2-inch 1,166k-dot live viewfinder. It has 80-25,600 ISO sensitivity and can record 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels) videos. It has WiFi connectivity and has a 3-year warranty. It is powered by 1,025 mAh battery that can take 240-300 pictures based on CIPA Standards. It comes in black and silver with prices starting at $699.99.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100:

Review #1: “The Lumix ZS100 (known as the TZ100 outside the US) is a big step forward for Panasonic’s travel cameras, and brings an interesting new proposition into the one-inch sensor market – a pocket-sized camera with a 10x zoom range. For many, this might be the perfect compact camera.” – TechRadar

Review #2: “The Pansonic ZS100 offers a great blend of quality, size, and features for people who want better photos and are willing to trade off a little quality for a lot of lenses.” – Cnet

Review #3: “In a sense, the TZ100’s maximum aperture lens limitations are, in part, counteracted by its 1-inch sensor quality – finding a happy medium somewhere in the middle.” – Pocket-lint

Review #4: “The Panasonic ZS100 is a strong new entry into the compact travel zoom camera market. The first ZS-series camera to include a 1″-type sensor, the image quality produced by the ZS100 is impressive. It follows up its good image quality with a versatile 10x zoom lens and a wide array of 4K video and photo features.” – Imaging Resource

Review #5: “A long zoom and decent-sized sensor in a small body is a compelling combination, if not one that sets any new standards.” – Trusted Reviews

Review #6: “Panasonic has produced the perfect compact camera for traveling photographers who are looking for very high image quality but also want the flexibility of a zoom.” – Photography Blog

Review #7: “The Panasonic ZS100 is absolutely worth a look if you need a respectable compact camera that doesn’t skimp on the zoom. Its combination of a 10x optical zoom, 4K video, 1-inch image sensor, and a compact body is simply unmatched in the market right now. While we would like to see an improved EVF and a tilting LCD if you want a travel zoom with high-grade image quality the ZS100 is the camera for you.” –

Review #8: “There’s nothing to match it if you desire the quality of a 1in sensor with a longish zoom that will fit in your pocket.” – Cameralabs

Review #9: “The Panasonic Lumix TZ100 offers a unique set of features, high image quality, good zoom lens, 4K video/photo and a very competitive price.” – ePHOTOzine

Review #10: “A little short on wow factor, but the Panasonic TZ100 ticks a lot of boxes for such a small camera.” – Expert Reviews

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 4.1 stars out of 26 reviews. Customers who rate this 1-2 stars had encountered software problem and had issues with its small EVF and performance.

Best Buy’s Customer Review Score: Best Buy customers give the Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 4.6 stars out of 48 reviews. Customers who rate this 1-2 stars had issues with its performance and blurry images.


About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Panasonic Lumix ZS100/TZ100 review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best smartphone quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and Best Buy. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *