Review Score: 89%
Review Consensus: The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II is a brilliant mirrorless digital camera in its own right. Although E-M10 Mark II faces tough competition, this well-built feature-packed camera remains attractive, thanks to its 5-axis stabilization system and excellent EVF that produce superb images.
List of Top Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Reviews
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #1||Photography Blog||100%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #2||Cnet||80%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #3||TechRadar||90%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #4||Digital Trends||80%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #5||Tom's Guide||80%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #6||Camera Labs||80%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #7||ePHOTOzine||100%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #8||Imaging Resource||100%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #9||PC Mag||80%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Review #10||Amateur Photographer||90%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Amazon Rating||Amazon||94%|
|Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Best Buy Rating||Best Buy||90%|
|Total Review Score:||89%|
Click the link above to buy an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II direct from Amazon.
Will I Regret This Purchase?
Based on our review data, there’s an 11% chance that you’ll regret buying the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II and an 89% chance of satisfaction without regret.
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II, released in September 2015, is the newest model in Olympus’s OM-D series of digital mirrorless system cameras, succeeding the Olympus OM-D E-M 10 released in 2014. The EM-10 Mark II is an entry-level digital camera with interchangeable lenses. It has a Micro Four Thirds lens mount and a 16 MP 4/3 CMOS sensor. It features a built-in 5-axis image stabilization system, a TruePic VII image processor, and a Supersonic Wave Filter, a dust reduction system. The EM-10 Mark II has a 3-in tilting monitor with a resolution of approximately 1,040k dots and an OLED viewfinder with roughly 2.36-million dot resolution. It has a High-speed Imager autofocus system and an ISO sensitivity ranging from 200-25,600. It can create 4K time lapse movies and can continuously shoot at 8 frames per second. It is powered by a BLS-50 Li-ion Battery that can take 320-750 shots, according to CIPA standards. Prices start at $649.00.
Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II:
Review #1: “The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is an evolutionary upgrade of 2014’s E-M10 camera, principally adding an even better electronic viewfinder, 5-axis image stabilization system, very useful fully electronic shutter, and AF targeting pad and focus stacking features, along with a better control layout. All of these improvements add up to make the Olympus OM-D E-M10 II one of the more compelling entry-level mirrorless cameras, although it faces stiff competition from the likes of the Fujifilm X-T10, Sony A6000, and the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7.” – Photography Blog
Review #2: “Attractive and compact, with a broad feature set, solid kids-and-vacation performance, and nice photos, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II is a good choice for photographers on a budget who like to fiddle.” – Cnet
Review #3: “The OM-D E-M10 II embodies what the Olympus OM-D series is all about; it’s a high-quality camera that feels great, offers an extensive feature set with bags of control and produces superb quality images yet doesn’t take up much space in your bag.” – TechRadar
Review #4: “Olympus’ E-M10 II is the perfect starter camera for going mirrorless or a worthwhile upgrade.” – Digital Trends
Review #5: “If you want to control every aspect of your picture-taking, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II mirrorless camera delivers.” – Tom’s Guide
Review #6: “The Olympus OMD EM10 Mark II is in many ways the perfect mid-range camera. With decent image quality, interchangeable lenses and stacks of shooting options, it offers sufficient control for those who want to pursue sophisticated photography, but its compact body, snappy focusing and fool-proof processing means anyone can pick it up and start getting great results straight away. This makes it ideal for beginners and ambitious enthusiasts alike.” – Camera Labs
Review #7: “The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II offers some of the best features of the OM-D range in a compact and ultra-stylish camera, and delivers excellent image quality.” – ePHOTOzine
Review #8: “Sporting an incredible amount of features in a professional-grade body with excellent image quality for its class, the Olympus E-M10 II is the best “all-around” entry-level camera we’ve yet reviewed.” – Imaging Resource
Review #9: “The OM-D E-M10 Mark II is another solid mirrorless camera from Olympus thanks to 5-axis stabilization and a great EVF, but it’s missing 4K video.” – PC Mag
Review #10: “The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II is undeniably a handsome, well-built and highly specified camera that’s capable of taking fine images. Despite being a junior model in the OM-D line-up, it defies its billing by offering many of the key features found in its more advanced siblings.” – Amateur Photographer
Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II 4.7 stars out of 51 reviews. Most customers who rate this camera 1 star had issues with its focus and noise control
Best Buy’s Customer Review Score: Best Buy customers give the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II 4.5 stars out of 37 reviews. Most customers who rate this camera 1 star had issues with manufacturing defects.
About This Page
The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best smartphone quickly and easily.
To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and Best Buy. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.