Nikon D500 Review Aggregator

Review Score: 94%

Review Consensus: One of the best all-around APS-C DSLR cameras in the market, the Nikon D500 combines an impressive 153-AF system and fast 10 fps continuous shooting performance to deliver superb image quality.

List of Top Nikon D500 Reviews

Nikon D500 Review #1Techradar90%
Nikon D500 Review #2Imaging Resource100%
Nikon D500 Review #3Pocket-lint100%
Nikon D500 Review #4Digital Photography90%
Nikon D500 Review #5Trusted Reviews90%
Nikon D500 Review #6Cnet84%
Nikon D500 Review #7ePhotozine90%
Nikon D500 Review #8Photography Blog100%
Nikon D500 Review #9Camera Labs90%
Nikon D500 Review #10Expert Reviews100%
Nikon D500 Amazon RatingAmazon92%
Nikon D500 Best Buy RatingBest Buy98%
Total Review Score:94%

Buy the Nikon D500 now at Amazon.

Click the link above to buy a Nikon D500 direct from Amazon.

Will I Regret This Purchase?

Based on our review data, there’s a 6% chance that you’ll regret buying the Nikon D500 and a 94% chance of satisfaction without regret.

Device Description

Announced on January 6, 2016, Nikon Corporation marked its comeback in the high-end digital camera market with its Nikon D500, successor to D300S. This digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) camera comes in 20.9 MP with a DX-format CMOS sensor. It also packs a 153-point AF system, 10 fps continuous shooting, EXPEED 5 image-processing engine, and 100-51,200 ISO sensitivity that can be expanded to 1,640,000. It shoots 4K Ultra HD videos and features SnapBridge that allows for Wifi, Bluetooth, and Near Field Communication (NFC) connectivities. It is powered by an EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion Battery. Prices start at $1,899.95.


Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Nikon D500:

Review #1: “At last Nikon has a professional-level APS-C-format camera to replace the D300S and compete with the Canon 7D Mk II. And it’s a real contender, with an impressive AF system and great low-light credentials that enable it to produce high-quality pictures in a wide range of conditions.” – TechRadar

Review #2: “While not a compact DSLR, the Nikon D500 offers a lot of imaging capabilities in its rugged, pro-oriented camera body. It also has a very good 153-point AF system, fast continuous shooting performance, and 4K UHD video recording, making it one of the most capable, well-rounded DSLRs that Nikon has released in a long time.” – Imaging Resource

Review #3: “The Nikon D500 is certainly a contender for the best APS-C camera made to date. There are only some small gaps in its capabilities – such as unnecessary extended “Hi” ISO settings, slight hunting in the live view autofocus – but otherwise, it’s awesome autofocus system and all-round capabilities are second to none.” – Pocket-lint

Review #4: “The Nikon D500 is a great camera and anyone who purchases it will really enjoy using it. Full frame is great, but if you are a photographer who likes to zoom in, then the DX may suit you more. If you shoot sports, birds, wildlife or macro, look at this camera, it could be just what you need.” – Digital Photography

Review #5: “Nikon took its time to create the D500, but it’s certainly delivered, producing one of the best APS-C DSLRs yet. It has a range of fantastic functions and performs well in lots of different shooting scenarios, making it the perfect all-rounder for most enthusiasts.” – Trusted Reviews

Review #6: “There are tons to like about the Nikon D500, from its fast shooting and excellent image quality to its broad feature set and streamlined design. But it still falls short with its Live View autofocus and seriously subpar wireless file transfer and shooting operation.” – Cnet

Review #7: “If you’re looking for the best ISO performance available on an APS-C camera, without having to go over to the larger full-frame format, then the Nikon D500 delivers some of the best results we’ve seen from this size sensor.” – ePhotozine

Review #8: “While it’s true that the Nikon D500 isn’t the cheapest APS-C DSLR you can buy, it offers an incredibly diverse array of features which should suit many different types of photographers. Image quality is also very high, with the ability to record videos in 4K also making it appealing to videographers, or photographers who like to record video alongside stills.” – Photography Blog

Review #9: “The combination of a new 20 Megapixel sensor, 10fps continuous shooting, a deep buffer (especially if you’re using XQD cards), and a new 153-point AF system shared with the D5, makes for a supremely confident camera.” – Camera Labs

Review #10: “Outstanding quality across the board, the Nikon D500 is fast, feature-packed and takes beautiful photos.” – Expert Reviews

Amazon’s Customer Review Score: Amazon customers give the Nikon D500 4.6 stars out of 127 reviews. Most customers who rate this camera 1 star complained about the autofocus, which was not working well.

Best Buy’s Customer Review Score: Best Buy customers give the Nikon D500 4.9 stars out of 160 reviews. It does not have a 1-star rating, but some customers had issues with its Wifi connectivity.


About This Page

The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Nikon D500 review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best smartphone quickly and easily.

To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and Best Buy. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *