Review Score: 79%
Review consensus: Probably one of the cheapest tablets out there in the market, the Amazon Fire HD 8 is a great deal considering its fantastic battery life, huge storage, and good-quality display.
List of Top Amazon Fire HD 8 Reviews
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #1||Cnet||80%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #2||TechRadar||80%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #3||Laptop Mag||80%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #4||TechAdvisor||80%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #5||ExpertReviews||80%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #6||Alphr||80%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #7||The Guardians||80%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #8||TabletPCReview||71%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #9||TrustedReviews||70%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Review #10||PCMag||70%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Amazon||Amazon||88%|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 Best Buy||Best Buy||92%|
|Total Review Score:||79%|
Click the link above to buy a Fire HD 8 direct from Amazon.
Will I Regret This Purchase?
Based on our review data, there’s a 21% chance that you’ll regret buying the Fire HD 8 and a 79% chance of satisfaction without regret.
The Amazon Fire HD 8, released on September 21, 2016, is the improved version of the old Fire HD 8 first launched in 2015. This 8-inch tablet now comes in 16/32 GB versions with 1.5 GB of RAM that runs on a customized Android OS. It has a 2 MP main camera and a non-removable Lithium-Ion battery. Prices start at $89.99.
Here’s what the top reviewers on the web are saying about the Fire HD 8:
Review #1: “Despite some small drawbacks, you just won’t find a tablet with these features and performance at this price.” – Cnet
Review #2: “The Fire HD 8 is an evidence that cheap tablets aren’ t progressing as fast as cheap phones. It is basic. However, it is also very affordable and can handle games and apps very well given the price. Not perfect, but the best you can get at the price.” – TechRadar
Review #3: “The 2016 Amazon Fire HD 8 is a great deal, offering terrific battery life and decent performance for just $90.” – Laptop Mag
Review #4: “The Amazon Fire HD 8 ticks a lot of the right boxes. It’s affordable, well built and plays back video to an exceptionally high standard. But we’ll say it again – you need Amazon Prime to fully enjoy it.” – TechAdvisor
Review #5: “The Amazon Fire HD 8 sets the standard for budget tablets thanks to its wonderful build quality and long-lasting battery life.” – ExpertReviews
Review #6: “A top value 8-in tablet. Not the slickest thing, but great for kids and parents.” – Alphr
Review #7: “With 8-in screen, stereo speakers, 16GB of storage and enough performance to handle games, Fire HD 8 is a good budget tablet that won’t infuriate.” – The Guardians
Review #8: “With its low price, the Amazon Fire HD 8 is a decent option for light personal use. The screen is large enough for e-books and video, and this tablet makes a good choice for Amazon Prime subscribers. Those who aren’t fans of Amazon should look elsewhere, though.” – TabletPCReview
Review #9: “Perhaps the best sub-£100 ($90) tablet, as long as you can stomach the heavy-handed Amazon software.” – TrustedReviews
Review #10: “Amazon’s latest Fire HD 8 tablet is a great value for media consumption, as long as you can live without access to Google Play.” – PCMag
Amazon’s Review Score: Amazon gives Fire HD 8 4.4 stars out of 26,935 customer reviews. Most of the people who gave this tablet a 1-star rating had issues with tablet’s sluggish performance.
Best Buy’s Review Score: Best Buy gives the Fire HD 8 4.6 stars out of 2,120 customer reviews. Most of the people who gave this tablet a 1-star rating had issues with the tablet’s poor quality and slow performance.
About This Page
The ReviewChooChoo product review aggregator is meant to summarize the best reviews from around the web. We hope this Amazon Fire HD 8 review aggregator has helped you narrow down your search for the best smartphone quickly and easily.
To get our total score, we reduced each review to a number between 1 and 100, then averaged them, including the ratings from Amazon and Best Buy. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below.